DevOps expert with talent for infrastructure
Are you a DevOps expert who would like to support and develop the infrastructure that our software is built upon and which ensures settlement of 80-85% of all royalties in the publishing industry in Scandinavia? Would you like to join us on our DevOps journey to support our customers’ digital transformation? Do you want to help us gain a solid foothold with our solutions in Europe?
The publishing industry abounds with unique opportunities. As DevOps expert in Schilling you must meet our customers’ demands for scaling with the highest level of uptime, performance, and security. You will take part in the development and optimisation of the preferred ERP system in the industry, Schilling Publishing.
About the job:
You will be part of our DevOps team that plays a central role in Schilling, and you will have ample opportunity to influence the development and put your fingerprint on solutions that ensure optimisation and automation of the solutions. As DevOps expert in Schilling you will work with a range of interesting technologies and be responsible for the set-up and development of environments and tools that ensure agile development and stable operation processes.
The Schilling package is developed for Linux and uses Oracle as its database. Workstations may be either Linux, Windows, or MacOS, and we use our own developed software, open source, as well as commercial software for the administration of these.
- Administration and monitoring of our hosting servers and our customers’ on-premise servers.
- Monitoring and test of the application performance of potential bottlenecks, identification of possible solutions, and working with software developers to implement the solutions.
- Configuration and maintenance of our continuous integration system, and ensuring that tests are OK and that projects are ready for release.
- Release management with integration test, set-up, and rolling deployment.
- Writing and maintenance of infrastructure code, scripts, and release automation.
- Installation, configuration, test, and maintenance of computer hardware, operation systems, and virtual machines.
- Maintaining security, back-up, and redundancy strategies.
- Database administration of Oracle.
- Maintenance and configuration of on-premise network equipment.
- Development and maintenance of internal tools, systems, and reporting.
You will be part of an exciting work environment with ambitious and inspiring colleagues who have a strong focus on quality and detail and a high level of professional skills. Schilling employs approx. 20 developers, software architects, DevOps profiles, and web developers, so there is ample opportunity for professional knowledge sharing and to develop your professional skills.
Your competencies and personal profile:
We are looking for more skilled colleagues who are enthusiastic about our ongoing deliveries and about controlling the operation of the best solutions.
We expect that you:
- Have experience with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting Linux-based environments.
- Installation/configuration often takes place in heterogeneous environments.
- Have experience with administration and performance tuning of application stacks.
- Have experience with monitoring tools (for example Nagios).
- Are experienced in working with cloud technologies.
- Have experience with virtualisation (for example VMware and Oracle VM).
- Have experience with automation software (for example Puppet, Chef, Salt) or would like to learn it.
- Have network experience (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Have experience with monitoring via SNMP.
- Have experience with Oracle databases.
- Have experience with Cisco routers or would like to learn it.
As you will have some customer contact in your job, you must have a relatively outgoing personality and be able to see any issues from the customer’s point of view. You speak fluent Danish or Swedish and have very good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
We will provide the necessary training and good professional development opportunities.
You can also look forward to:
- Good working conditions, pension scheme, health insurance, and a large degree of flexibility in an exciting and varied working environment.
- An excellent canteen with a smell of fresh bread in the morning, a delicious and varied lunch every day, plus fresh fruit all day long.
- A financially sound company with loyal colleagues and customers.
- Inspiring and competent colleagues who come in all shapes and sizes – newly qualified as well as with many years’ experience.
- A large degree of independence and responsibility supported by teams across the organisation.
Would you like to make a difference?
The recruitment process is handled by iHeadHunt. If you would like to know more about the job, please contact Benjamin Klubien at telephone: +45 25 33 38 81. Please submit your CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked DevOps Schilling. Application is not required.
Who is Schilling?
Schilling is the leading supplier in Scandinavia of highly specialised software and know-how to the publishing industry. Keeping in pace with globalisation, we export more than 90% of our new sales.
Schilling A/S was established in 1971 and has a staff of approx. 40. Our vision is clear: We grow publishing – we make the publishing industry grow and, together with our customers, we enhance their business with innovative, turnkey solutions.